Women in STEAM who inspire! 500 Women Scientists’ Edition
Rose Bear Don’t Walk grew up on the Flathead Indian Reservation.
She’s a Tribal foods consultant and a Salish Ethnobotanist. She studies how her tribe can use native plants as food to fight chronic disease.
- Rose is helping her community identify and rekindle their connection with traditional Salish food plants like Camas and Bitterroot.
- She teaches through hand-on activities like foraging, recipe creation and food sharing!
- She has a blue belt in Brazilian Jiujitsu!
- “Rose taught me the importance of plant life to sustaining health and wellbeing” – Gabriela
- Find Rose on the Request platform!
Kelly Montgomery is a chemical biologist and artist!
She is helping us better understand why tau proteins fold the wrong way and clump together in the brains of people with Alzheimer's Disease.
- Kelly loves to tell stories through art and photography. She taught herself how to use Illustrator and Photoshop!
- She co-founded JKX comics to help more people understand science and want to become scientists themselves.
- She was born and raised in Detroit, MI but has always dreamed of living in sunny California.
- “Kelly inspires me with how she is using her self-taught creative talents to amplify diverse women in STEM in the form of free science comics.” - Lauren
- Find Kelly on the Request Platform
500 Women Scientists is a grassroots, nonprofit organization with the mission to serve society by making science open, inclusive, and accessible.
Are you a scientist? Sign up for the Request a Woman in STEMM platform and join a local 500 Women Scientists pod to get involved in your area.
Browse the platform
What did you think of this course?
Lifeology is funded by LifeOmic. Make sure to try out their FREE wellness apps for iOS and AndroidLearn more